|SCFBC Rehabs from 2010-2015|
In 2010 after more than six months of community meetings, Councilmen Jay Westbrook, Matt Zone and Brian Cummins collaborated to create a new community development office to serve the neighborhoods of Stockyard, Clark Fulton and Brooklyn Centre. The Detroit Shoreway Community Development Organization (DSCDO) was responsible for creating essentially a branch office that was established with and oversight provided by an Advisory Council of residents representing the distinct communities.
Other supportive and related information
The following are links to specific housing projects that are related to the work being done in tracking and inventorying foreclosed and vacant properties; promoting re-investment and developing resources for home repair; and focusing on code enforcement for properties owned by absentee landlords.
- Community Partners awarded grant, working on a $500k Community Health initiative (6/18/2015). An initiative to increase effectiveness of health and community development partners in promoting healthy communities, preventing home health hazards and resulting health disparities for residents.
- Cleveland Habitat Launches Multi-Faceted Stockyard Initiative (5/4/2015). Project goal is to complete five to seven full rehabs, and help 40 existing residents with exterior home repairs in collaboration with ten partner agencies.
- ReClaiming Home - A community partnership of faith and caring (4/16/2015). Reclaiming Home is designed to help residents of the near-westside neighborhoods of Cleveland re-build pride in their home and surroundings through exterior home improvements in partnership with World Changers- Student Construction Trips and SCFBC.
- A new face for 128-year-old house in Jones Home Historic District (4/7/2015), byErin O'Brien, Fresh Water.
- Department of Building & Housing Budget Presentation (2/27/2014).
2013 Consolidated Plan City Council Budget Hearing (2/12/2013)
City's Department of Building and Housing presentation regarding strategies to stabilize neighborhoods and support market recovery. Includes information about inspections, demolitions, board-ups, court filings, nuisance abatement, vacant property inventory and construction permits.
- City of Cleveland Housing Strategies & CDBG Budget Hearings Agenda & Schedule (2/9/2013). Includes information regarding City of Cleveland Housing Strategies and programs.
- SCFBC Strategic Plan 2012-2014 (2/9/2013). Plan that focused on Community Organizing and Outreach; Housing Development; Land Reutilization; and, Economic Development.
- Cleveland Ward 14 community development services and funding update (7/22/2010). Update of developments that led to the formation of SCFBC.