The firm has operated in Ohio for nearly 50 years, is headquartered in Mayfield Heights and has offices throughout Ohio in Akron, Canton, Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, Toledo and Youngstown.
Total acquisition and construction costs are estimated at $500,000.
The Elk & Elk project is one of four recently started on the W. 25th Street/Pearl Road corridor. The building is located adjacent to the American Pride Car Wash and fronts MetroHealth Drive.
|Elk & Elk Building, 3350 W. 25th Street before photo (above) |
and final design renderings (below).
(A) Aragon Ballroom, 3179 W 25th
(B) Ganely Auto, 3300 W. 25th
(C) Elk & Elk, 3350 W. 25th
(D) Masonic Temple, 3804 W. 25th
Fortunately the building's main flat roof was replaced within in the last eight years and the spacious dance floor has been preserved, save a few minor damaged areas that will be restored.
The new owner, Ali Faraj owns and operates the La Villa Conference and Banquet Center, located at 11500 Brook Park Road. Ali and his team are recently credited for transforming what was formerly a U. S. Army Reserve Center into a 54,000 Square foot banquet facility located at 11500 Brookpark Road at Chevrolet Boulevard.
Plans for the Aragon are to restore the building and utilize it as an additional Conference and Banquet Center and possibly for performance arts. More information will be provided on this project as it completes final concept, design and approvals. Total acquisition and construction costs are estimated at $1.2 million.
The project was under consideration for utilizing historic tax credits but a decision to forego those resources was recently made and instead the project is being considered for the City of Cleveland's Storefront Renovation Project.
The Stock Yard, Clark Fulton & Brooklyn Centre Community Development Office (SCFBC) is providing technical assistance along with technical and design consultation form the Historic Warehouse District Development Corporation, Historic Gateway Neighborhood Corporation and Sandvick Architects, Inc.
The project also contracted services from well known local historical researcher Craig Bobby. Photos, articles and a history of the building and its former owners are expected to to be displayed once the building is completed. Building renovations are expected to be finished by the end of this year.
|1905 rendering and announcement of the construction of the Pearl|
Amusement Company, what would become the famous Aragon Ballroom.
the building was originally operated as the Pearl Roller Rink.
|1937 photo, Aragon Ballroom, west exterior frontage at 3179 W. 25th.|
|1969 photo, Aragon Ballroom dance floor.|
[Photo credit: Cleveland Press Collection of CSU's Library Special Collections]
Masonic Temple, new owners August Garofoli and John McCartney have worked in recent months on rehabbing portions of the interior. They are utilizing office space for their own operations and plan on increasing the tenancy and utilization of building for primarily retail and offices. Exterior and additional interior rehab work is being planned and will follow with new leases and the attraction of new tenants.
|Photo of Masonic Temple, 3804 Pearl Road.|
Ganley Auto Group recently opened an auto insurance claim repair shop in a commercial structure that has been very well maintained by owner Nicholas Pandapas. The building located at 3300 W. 25th Street needed some minor updating and construction and opened for business earlier this year.