See the complete file embedded above or download the complete file (22.2 MB pdf) here.
The budget takes into consideration the State of Ohio’s projected $8 billion or more budget deficit and measures that are expected to occur including a likely cut in the local government funding that the State provides and the loss of $5 million or more in Estate Taxes. The Mayor estimates a potential shortfall of revenue in the amount of $28 million.
- Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson balances 2011 budget without cuts in jobs, services, by Mark Gillispie, The Plain Dealer, 02.02.11
- Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson proposes '11 budget with no layoffs or tax hikes, by Jay Miller, Crain’s Cleveland Business, 02.01.11
- Mayors Join US Representatives in Defending CDBG Funding Against Possible Cuts, Press Release, Congressman Barney Frank, Fourth Congressional District of Massachusetts, 01.19.11
- Mayors Fight to Save Block Grant Funding, by Ryan Holeywell, Governing, 01.04.11
- Cities brace for impact as budget cuts loom
- Local governments fear state may whack key cash streams, by Jay Miller, Crain’s Cleveland Business, 01.03.11