See Ordinance No. 138-11 here.
- Department of Public Utilities, $2.5 million budget w/ some 25 employees
- Division of Water, $260 million budget w/ over 1,000 employees
- Division of Water Pollution Control, $23 million budget w/ over 150 employees
- Cleveland Public Power. $170 million budget w/ over 350 employees
- Division of Water has utilized the following funds for third-party consultancies, for studies, technical services and engineering and design:
- Professional Services, averaged $5 million last three years.
- Other Contractual Services, averaged $3 million
- City of Cleveland should consider the development of a Water/Pollution Control Board to provide oversight to the Departments. The Board could include participation from the private sector as well as regional/local governments outside of Cleveland.
- Louisville Water Company (850,000); 7–member Board of Water Works, appointed by the Louisville Metro Mayor
- The Water and Sewer Advisory Board (2.1 million), 9-member Water and Sewer Advisory Board.
- Denver, 1.3 million customers; 5-member board
As to prove the point of needing to act more quickly the following was also reported this morning by the Plain Dealer --