UPDATED Friday, 1/20/2012
NOTE that the Ohio EPA has confirmed the extension of the Public Comment Period for the Draft Air Permit to the close-of-business, Thursday, February 23rd, 2012.
Send comments to the Cleveland Division of Air Quality, 75 Erieview Plaza, Suite 200, Cleveland, OH, 44114, Attn: David Hearne. CPP Ridge Road Permit #PO107767; Facility ID 1318008750. Comments sent by email to: DHearne@city.cleveland.oh.us
Three additional meetings will be held by the City of Cleveland to Explain the proposed CREG Center and to take questions and comments from the public (see schedule below), and an additional meeting is being considered specifically for the Hispanic Community.
- Thursday, January 26th @ Zelma George Recreation Center,
3155 MLK Jr Blvd., 6:00 -9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 8th – Cudell Recreation Center,
10013 Detroit Ave., 6:00 -9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 9th – Harvard Community Services Center,
18240 Harvard Ave., 6:00 -9:00 p.m.
- CPP PowerPoint Presentation for Public Meeting held Thursday 1/19/2012
- Cleveland Public Power (CPP) CREG Center site
- Princeton Environmental Group, Basis of Design Report, 08-31-2011
- CPP Air Permit Application
- EPA Draft Air Permit for proposed project
- Initial EPA Public Hearing Notice for Jan. 9th 2012 Public Hearing, NOTE: City of Cleveland has requested Ohio EPA to extend Public Comment period an additional 30-days to February 23rd, 2012. (Spanish version)
- City of Cleveland MSWE Development Chronology of Events
- Earth Day Coalition Clean Air site
- Ohio Citizen Action Cleveland Incinerator site
- Estimated maximum emissions as stated in the CPP application for air permit operating at 72.24% heat input
- Max Mercury Emissions CPP Facility vs Actual Reported Mercury Emissionsfrom Operating Power Plants 2010
- Max Potential Total PM (F+C) Emissions CPP Facility vs. Actual Total PM Emissions from Major Industrial and Utility Sources 2009
- Feasibility Assessment Report MSW EPF, RNR Consulting, 2009 (cost of $329k)
- Research on Gasification - Excerpts from work conducted by Gershman, Brickner & Bratton, Inc. pertaining to energy technologies.
- Public Comment submitted by Claude Lawrence Cornett, Jr.