An opening event is planned for September to explain the program's details and eligibility requirements. Conference registration opens tomorrow, August 12th and a press conference will be held on Tuesday August 13th.
The Cleveland CityLIFT Event at the Cleveland Convention Center
- Thursday, September 12, 2013: 10:00am to 7:00pm
- Friday, September 13, 2013: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Registration opens on August 12th, 9:00am at www.nhscleveland.org
- Registration opens August 12 at 9:00am
- Press conference August 13, 10:00am
CityLIFT is a Down Payment Assistance program funded by a Wells Fargo Bank and Wells Fargo Foundation in partnership with NeighborWorks® America. CityLIFT provides $15,000 in down payment assistance to eligible homebuyers who are purchasing a home within the city limits of Cleveland. The CityLIFT down payment assistance funds will be disbursed at closing.
These funds will be in the form of a secured mortgage written by NHS of Greater Cleveland. CityLIFT is a 0% interest mortgage and if its conditions are satisfied it will be forgiven at 20% each year for five years. The mortgage will cease and the prorated balance will become due, payable upon demand, if the property is sold, refinanced, transfer of title, foreclosure or other default occurs within the first 5 years.
In order to be eligible for CityLIFT down payment assistance, the homebuyer(s) must:
- Have a household income not to exceed 120% of the Area Median Income for Cleveland when the first mortgage is a conventional loan, or
- Have a household income not to exceed 115% of the Area Median Income for Cleveland when the first mortgage is an FHA loan.
- Completed an 8 hour NHSGC Homebuyer Education Course.
- Purchase a home within the city limits of Cleveland.
- Agree to maintain the home as a primary owner occupant residence for the five year period.
- Obtain a first mortgage loan from an approved CityLIFT lender, DOES NOT HAVE TO BE WELLS FARGO.,
NOTE: For residents living in neighborhoods served by Ward 14 Councilman Brian Cummins, Please contact the local development corporation that serves your neighborhood for help in qualifying for this program and identifying a home for purchase:
- Stockyard, Clark Fulton & Brooklyn Centre Community Development Office (SCFB)
3167 Fulton Road, Suite 303, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, 216-961-9073 xtn. 207. For event and community news and information see: SCFB web page, SCFBC Calendar, facebook page, and send an email to sign-up for their bi-weekly e-newsletter.
- Tremont West Development Corporation
2406 Professor Ave Cleveland, OH 44113, 216-575-0920, For event and community news and information visit: tremontwest.org, facebook page.