The Network Weaving Program focuses on connecting and inspiring community members by:
- connecting neighbors to neighbors in new ways that supports shared learning and building new relationships;
- connecting local institutions and organizations to each and to our residents to build a neighborhood network where we support each other, share ideas and create what is possible in our neighborhood; and,
- connecting our diverse population to create more culturally appropriate methods of engaging with each other.
"The beginning of the Cleveland Foundation's mission statement is "to enhance the lives of all residents of Greater Cleveland...," and this project has great potential to help residents enhance their own lives and the lives of others in the SCFBC neighborhoods. We were impressed with the community planning process that led to the development of the project and believe that aspects of this project may become a model for other neighborhoods in our community." Paul Putman, Program Officer, The Cleveland Foundation.
The Community Network Weaving Program will bring lots of exciting new opportunities for engagement and involvement for everyone in our communities. Look forward to seeing new opportunities and ways of connecting with your neighborhood. Here are just a few ideas and projects that are already in the works:
- Cleveland TimeBank, exchange your skills and services with your neighbors and take money out of the equation. Join the Cleveland Time Bank on facebook and mark your calendar for the next Time Bank Potluck meeting being held on January 10th at Archwood UCC in Brooklyn Centre;
- NeighborCircles, a new way of connecting with neighbors directly on your street to build new relationships and improve trust and safety where you live;
- Workshop and Learning Series, teach and learn from your neighbors about something you are skilled in such as Pierogi-making, Couponing and more;
- Near West Side Community Council, help us in providing a supportive community for our youth population;
- Library Resource tables, monthly resource tables at our public libraries where we can all connect and learn about what is happening in our neighborhood; Network Nights, come and connect with others in the Network to share ideas, interests and start to create with what we already have.
Please contact our Community Network Weaver, Juliana Cole, at (216) 961-9073, ext. 229 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the program and to share your thoughts, ideas and vision for the future. Together we can accomplish so much more!
More Information about SCFBCSCFBC = Stockyard, Clark-Fulton & Brooklyn Centre Community Development Office
SCFBC Bi-Weeklyn E-newsletter -- Stay in touch with the staff at SCFBC and keep informed of neighborhood activities and opportunities for engagement by receiving their bi-weekly e-newsletter. Sign-up for the newsletter HERE.
SCFBC Staff Listing and contact information:
3167 Fulton Road, #303
Cleveland, Ohio 44109
SCFBC 2012 Annual Report
2012 Annual Report - Stockyard, Clark-Fulton & Brooklyn Centre Community Development Office